Bread pudding is my childhood favourite. I used to get this during X’mas from a dear friend of mine from school. He used to make it by himself and that too an amazingly perfect pudding. After schooling neither of us had time for it. I’d wrote him couple of months ago and asked for the recipe. I got the reply with his recipe card yay!! 🙂 Tnx dude!
Every spoon full is a bliss & satisfying memory. This scrumptious dessert is all what we need at the end of a busy day. Stretch, relax & start diggin in the pudding.
|Wheat bread/White bread||2 slices|
|Cinnamon Powder||1/4 Tsp|
- Preheat oven to 175° C. Grease the baking dish with butter or oil. I have used 630 ml rectangular glassware.
- Tear the bread into small cubes and place it in the baking dish.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the egg, milk, sugar, cinnamon powder and butter (Room temperature) for 5-7 mins.
- Sprinkle the raisins on the bread and pour the egg mixture to it evenly.
- Press down the bread to soak well.
- Place the dish in the center of middle rack and bake for 45 mins or bake till when a toothpick inserted in the center of the pudding comes out clean.
- Serve warm or chill.
- Cut to desire shapes and pieces. Serve warm with ice cream on the top.
- Serve chill with condensed milk (or) whipped cream (or) honey (or) chocolate syrup (or) any other toppings of your kind.
- If you want to make simple pudding avoid bread pieces. Use all other ingredients.
- Not only raisins you can also use any dried fruits to the pudding.