Black pepper is one of my favourite ingredient, especially when used in Non veg preparations. I am posting Pepper chicken recipe with a touch of Kerala tadka. The taste totally rely on the fresh ingredients we use to prepare. So I have used fresh ingredients wherever I can. This is definitely a treat to your taste bud. We love to have pepper chicken along with rasam and rice. However it can be also served with Indian bread. Nothing is as heavenly as an ice cream after this peppery meal.
1) Dry roast the black pepper corns and coriander seeds separately
2) Grind the coriander seeds to fine powder and crush the peppercorns to coarse.
3) Make a paste of ginger, garlic and one green chilli.
4) Clean the chicken and pat dry using towel. Marinate chicken with lemon juice, ginger garlic paste,
powdered coriander seeds, turmeric powder, Red chilli powder, Cumin powder, Salt, Oil and
half of the crushed black peppercorns. Marinate for atleast 15 mins.
5) Slice the onion thinly. Slit remaining one green chilli. Chop the tomatoes and grind them
1) Heat 1 Tbsp Oil in a pan.
2) Add cumin and allow it to splutter.
3) When it splutters add cinnamon, cardamom, cloves and bay leaves. Sauté for 30 sec.
4) Now add half of the thinly sliced onions. Stir fry till it becomes translucent adding little salt.
5) Add turmeric into the onion and mix well
6) Add the marinated chicken and combine well. Stir till chicken turns white.
7) Now add the tomato paste and 1 cup of water. Mix everything well.
8) Reduce the flame to low and cook the chicken for 30 -45 mins or till gravy thickens. Stir inbetween
to avoid gravy sticking to the pan. Check for salt and if needed add it.
9) When the gravy is thickened add the remaining crushed peppercorns. Stir to mix well.
10) Turn off the heat.
11) Take another pan and heat oil.
12) Add curry leaves, remaining sliced onions and green chilli. Fry till onion become golden brown and
13) Transfer this mixture to the chicken and combine well.
14) Garnish with coriander leaves and onion. Serve with rice or rotis.
foodie_views_link_url = ‘http://aromaticdining.blogspot.com/2012/05/pepper-chicken-kozhi-milagu-varuval.html#more’; foodie_views_submit_or_vote();