|Mouth watering Mutton Korma!!|
|Yes! Mutton Korma is one of the South delicacy. It’s a rich Mutton gravy usually made with coconut and spices. Goes great with Paratha, Dosa or Chapathi. Same recipe can also be adapted for making Chicken Korma. What I have understood about korma is, in North India usually Korma is based on Yogurt and Nuts and in South the gravy is based on Coconut. Both the Korma’s are different when u taste. Here i have posted south Indian Korma. Cook & relish.
4) Tomato 1 medium
5) Ginger 15 gm
6) Garlic 4 cloves
7) Cinnamon 5cm stick 1 nos
8) Clove 4 nos
9) Cardamom 2 nos
10) Fennel seed 1 Tsp
11) Cumin seed 1 Tsp
12) Coriander powder 1 Tbsp
13) Cumin powder ½ Tbsp
14) Red chilli powder ½ Tsp
15) Green chilli 2 nos
16) Turmeric powder ¼ Tsp
17) Coconut (grated/milk) ½ Cup
18) Coriander leaves
19) Salt as req
20) Vegetable oil 2 Tbsp
1) Make a paste of ginger garlic.
2) If you are using grated coconut grind to a smooth paste.
3) Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pressure cooker.
4) Add fennel seed, cinnamon, cardamom and cloves
5) Add half of the chopped onion, half the ginger garlic paste and fry till brown
6) Add coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, salt and chilli powder
7) Mix well and add mutton.
8) Stir for 3 mins, add enough water to cover the meat and pressure cook them for 10 mins.
9) In another pan heat 1 tbsp of oil
10) Add cumin seeds and allow to splutter.
11) Add remaining chopped onion, salt and fry till golden brown
12) At this stage add a little turmeric powder and red chilli powder. This not only gives flavour but also gives the color to the gravy.
13) Add remaining ginger garlic paste and stir well
14) Add chopped potato and tomato .
15) Once the tomatoes are soft, pour in the pressure cooked mutton and mix well.
16) Reduce the flame to low and cover the pan with lid. Let it cook for 10 mins
17) Check the potatoes for doneness. If the potato is soft add coconut paste/milk
18) Cook for another 5 mins.
19) Garnish with coriander leaves
1) As I mentioned before this recipe can be also used for making chicken korma