One more delicious tea snack is veg cutlet. Crispy outside moisture inside makes it the perfect mid day snack for children of any age. Potato as a main ingredient, you can add any vegetables of your choice to it. Children who are fussy at their vegetables will never complain about this veg dish instead they will love it..
|7||Green chillies||2 nos|
|8||Garam masala||1 Tsp|
|9||Red chilli powder||1 Tsp|
|10||Turmeric pdr||1/4 Tsp|
|12||Cumin seeds||1/2 Tsp|
|16||Bread Crumbs||150 gm|
17. Vegetable Oil for deep frying
1. Boil all the vegetables till they become soft. I used carrot, beans along with potato. You can use peas, cauliflower along with carrot, beans and potato.
2. Mash the boiled vegetables
3. Add ginger garlic paste, onion, green chillies, garam masala, turmeric pdr, chilli pdr, Amchur, Cumin seeds, salt and coriander leaves
4. Add bread crumbs & cornflour little by little until it absorbs all the moisture from the mixture.
5. Mix the remaining cornflour in water
6. Make equal sizes of balls out of the mixture and make it flat
7. Dip the patties in the corn flour mixture
8. Roll the patties in the remaining bread crumbs and deep fry
9. Serve hot with ketch up
1. Oil should be in medium heat.
2. You can also make coriander chutney or tamarind chutney as accompaniment.
3. For fun side you can shape the patties as you wish. eg: Heart, oval, cone etc
4. The cutlet can also be used to make veg burgers.